Lexus wanted to raise awareness and affinity of its brand amongst a younger elite audience and to be associated with relevant content that reflects its ability to 'create amazing' in the fields of design, technology and sustainability.
CNN offered Lexus a brand new series, 'Blueprint', which explored ground-breaking inventions and developments in the fields of design, technology and sustainability developed by students at the world's leading Design Schools.
Digital Campaign Results
CNN is the No. 1 News Brand
- 800k UU per month (average)
- Top3 Amongst the top 3 performing sections on CNNI.com
- >111k Likes for the 17 posted TV episodes only
- 16% Higher brand recommendation vs. +11% for other brands*
- +62% Likelihood of purchase* **
- +38% Spontaineous awareness of Lexus*
- +18% Familiarity with Lexus*
* amongst tested CNN viewers
** based on net likely (very + quite)
*** CNN Proprietary ad effectiveness study by BDRC Continental - 4 Markets (UK, germany, France, Russia) = Test & control - 1610 respondents - Q4 2013